Requirements for candidates
In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Belarus “About government service in the Republic of Belarus” and the Regulation on the order and conditions of service in Customs authorities approved by the Decree No. 228 of the President of the Republic of Belarus issue on April, 21, 2008 “About some matters of Customs authorities” social guarantees include:
· regular salary (on the 5th and the 20th day of each month);
· free provision of uniform;
· 28 calendar days of annual leave (after 5 and 10 years of service extra 2 and 4 calendar days are added respectively);
· annual healthcare allowance equal to 2 month basic pay;
· monthly seniority pay which depends on government service experience: from 0,5 to 3 years – at the rate of 10%, from 3 to 8 years – at the rate of 15%, from 8 to 15 years – at the rate of 20%, from 15 to 20 years – at the rate of 25%, over 20 years – at the rate of 30% of basic pay;
· retirement allowance equal to 3 average monthly salary (a required work experience for men is at least 30 years, for women – at least 25 years including no less than 20 years of government service experience).
Basic requirements for candidates (in accordance with p.11-17 of the Regulation on the order and conditions of service in Customs authorities approved by the Decree No. 228 of the President of the Republic of Belarus issue April, 21, 2008 (amended by the Decree No. 530 of the President of the Republic of Belarus issue November, 13, 2014):
Candidates are hired on a voluntary basis and must be citizens of the Republic of Belarus aged 18 years old or over, fluent in official languages of the Republic of Belarus, able to carry out functions assigned to customs authorities on the basis of their personal, moral, professional qualities, health state and level of education. They can also meet other requirements established by the law on government service and by Regulation mentioned above.
Candidates first-time employed on government service must pass a qualifying exam, which is held according to the legislation on government service.
Vacancy announcement can precede recruitment and is held according to the legislation on government service.
First-time employed or re-employed candidates are subject to special check. In certain cases determined by the Chairman of State Customs Committee, candidates have to pass through a security clearance procedure unless otherwise specified by the President of the Republic of Belarus.
The procedure of special check is established by the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter – SCC).
A compulsory pre-employment medical check is held in order to determine whether employee’s health state allows serving in Customs.
An employee cannot be hired in the following cases:
1. an employee committed a crime;
2. an employee doesn’t comply with requirements, mentioned in point 11 ;
3. an employee was recognized as legally incapable or as having limited (restricted) legal capacity by court decision which came into force;
4. an employee refused to pass special checks and security clearance procedure in cases, determined by the Chairman of SCC;
5. an employee did not sign a commitment letter on observance of restrictions set by the legislation on struggle against corruption;
6. an employee was recognized unsuitable for service due to special check results or got a refusal in getting access to government secrets;
7. an employee refused to provide documents, stated in point 17 of the Regulation or deliberately did not present full or reliable information;
8. an employee is in close relationships or affinity with an official, including wife (husband), and they are in the direct subordination at work or one of them is under control for the other.
9. in other cases determined by the legislation.
An employee provides:
1. passport of citizen of the Republic of Belarus;
2. employment record book, except first-time employed candidates;
3. written application:
permission on special check, including getting information about law violations and employee’s private life secrets;
permission on security clearance procedure (if necessary);
4. application form and commitment letter on observance of restrictions set by the legislation on struggle against corruption, according to a form established by the Chairman of SCC;
5. curriculum vitae;
6. education certificate;
7. income and property declaration, income and property declaration for wife (husband) and adult close relatives who live together and run a common household, filling in according to the form for income and property declaration established by the Council of Ministers and provided by government employees and other categories of natural persons;
8. military registration documents (for employees who are liable for military service and call-up);
9. medical certificate;
10. other documents from previous place of work (military service, work, place of study) which can characterize an employee.
Gomel Customs announce recruitment of candidates among graduates of general secondary, secondary special and vocational institutions of education to conclude contracts for target training of specialists in customs affairs.
A candidate should be ready to work for Gomel Customs at least 5 years after getting a qualification of Customs Affairs Specialist. Service in Customs authorities assumes the presence of high personal, moral, psychological qualities. Taking part in Academic Olympiads, sport and social activities are also encouraged.
Documents which should be presented to the Personnel and Training Department:
application from (filled in at customs office);
achievement certificate from the institution of general secondary education for the 10thform as well as for the first and second quarters of the 11th form;
copy of general secondary education certificate (for natural persons graduated from the institution of general secondary education);
certificate which contains the information about law violations from the unified state data base (part 1, point 125 of the Regulation on functioning of the Unified State account System of law violations, established by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus Decree No. 909 of July, 20, 2006);
characteristics from place of study;
passport and its copies (p. 25, 31, 32);
military registration documents (for citizens who are liable for military service and call-up);
All documents will be considered by the Commission of State Customs Committee of the Republic of Belarus.
For more information on the conclusion of contracts for target training contact Gomel Customs Personnel and Training Department.Contact phone numbers: 79-20-50, 79-20-51.