Changes in customs regulations during an unfavorable epidemiological situation
In order to create facilities for business entities and individuals, as well as during the period of restrictions related to the spread of infection caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus, a number of measures have been taken, namely, customs rules have been changed.
So, for business entities engaged in foreign economic activity, at present:
- placement of goods placed under the customs procedure of export in the customs control zone is not required;
- it is possible to confirm compliance with technical regulation after placing goods under the customs procedure for release for domestic consumption;
- a “green” corridor was organized for essential goods imported into the Republic of Belarus through the customs border of the Eurasian Economic Union: these goods are launched at checkpoints in an extraordinary order, and customs operations, both in the republican and departmental customs clearance points, are carried out in priority, as soon as possible;
- temporary bans and restrictions have been introduced on the export of certain categories of goods outside the Republic of Belarus and the Eurasian Economic Union;
- the Decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated April 29, 2020 No. 45 “On Amending the Decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated December 20, 2017 No. 109” provides an increase in the deadline for the temporary location and use of certain categories of goods placed under the customs procedure of temporary import (admission) from March 1 to October 31, 2019 inclusive, in accordance with the customs procedure of temporary import (admission) without paying import customs duties and taxes up to 18 months.
Drivers performing transit automobile transportation of goods are obliged to act in accordance with the provisions of the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of March 25, 2020 No. 171 "On measures to prevent the importation and spread of infection caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus":
- drive only along the republican motor roads, on which stopping (parking) is possible for rest and meals for drivers, refueling vehicles, according to a certain list;
- leave the territory of the Republic of Belarus within the shortest route no later than the day following the day of entry into its territory;
- during the period of stopping (parking), do not leave the territory of stopping points (parking) for rest and meals for drivers, refueling vehicles according to a specific list.
It is also worth noting that transit road transport of goods through the territory of the Republic of Belarus, performed by road carriers whose drivers violated the above requirements, is subject to the imposition of navigation devices (seals) in order to ensure tracking (monitoring) of sealing objects, which is provided for by a resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic Belarus of May 25, 2020 No. 311 “On the use of navigation devices (seals)”.
The following measures were taken in connection with the current situation related to the adoption of measures aimed at preventing the spread of coronavirus infection and the inability for individuals to exercise their rights and fulfill duties, in accordance with the Decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission No. 47 of 04/29/2020 “On changing some terms import of goods for personal use ":
- the period for the temporary import of vehicles for personal use, established by paragraph 1 of Article 264 of the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Union, has been extended until September 30, 2020 (provided that the period expires from March 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020. ) without the permission of the customs authority and without customs declaration;
- the period of time was suspended from March 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 (provided that the period expires between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020) (no later than 18 months from the date of issue of the document confirming the recognition of the foreign individual as resettled for a permanent place of residence) during which such a person may import used goods and vehicles and motor vehicles, trailers for motor vehicles and motor vehicles for personal use.
Also, measures have been taken at the Gomel customs aimed at ensuring the protection of health, both for officials and controlled persons:
- contacts of customs officials with controlled persons are minimized;
- the presence of controlled persons (drivers, declarants) in the territory of republican and departmental customs clearance points, temporary storage warehouses, including in cooperation with border guards and owners of temporary storage warehouses, is limited;
- during customs control and customs operations, customs officials use personal protective equipment;
- pursuant to Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated March 25, 2020 No. 171 “On measures to prevent the importation and spread of infections caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus”, officials control the enforcement by vehicle drivers during international road transport of the Republic of Belarus of the norm stipulating mandatory the availability of personal protective equipment (medical masks, gloves) and their use when leaving the vehicle.